Thursday, April 14, 2011

Patrick Campbell: Main Post: April 14

Something Has Got To Give

It is not “our youth” or “our teens, it’s our sons,” are you kidding me Gloria Steinem? Although I cannot truly think of a school shooting or bombing that involves our daughters, would she like a tour of a women’s prison? I am sure she will come across plenty of mixes of daughters and youths, that instead of being obedient to the laws of our country decided to shoot, stab, bomb, etc. biased-biased-biased! This article is another example of a feminist activist who instead of utilizing proper rhetoric and passing a strong message without providing information which includes biased opinion and slanders the male gender, in this world we have racism and reverse-racism, in this case instead of sexism we have reverse sexism.

Personal concerns that I have regarding the activists who wrote these past two articles (last rape article/Supremacy Crime) involve their committing of the same discriminatory injustices on men which they preach immediate diminishment for against women, is it wrong to suggest hypocrisy? If Gloria Steinem believes that all these crimes are committed because heterosexual men want to show that, “I am superior because I can kill.” Perhaps she should consult a psychotherapist who focuses on the criminal mind. Her examples regarding murder are disgusting men who committed horrible unlawful acts against women, but the common theme derived here is a slandering of an entire gender and I will not stand for it. Although, Steinem goes on to ‘cover her back,’ if you will, by stating that “men of color and women,” can also commit these crimes, the fact that her onset of this piece involves the entire male gender does not escape my attention.

I feel like the reason I get so worked up over this whole situation is because when I was in the military I learned a very particular skill, if you will, that I will carry with me for a very long time in my life. That being said, this ‘skill’ is being able to tell someone “i have a problem with you,” for lack of a more slanderous term involving two words that are not appropriate for writing a blog post, the two words have four letters in the first words and three in the second (I think we see where I am going here), in a very educated or respectful rhetoric. Therefore, if these female activists can pass their message on with statistics involving the majority of murders, which consequently provide a stronger background to the stories in their articles (more than four), than perhaps I would consider their case or argument as scholarly and true. In other words, do a little more research. Steinem’s piece has way to many suppose for me to handle, therefore, Gloria “suppose” you attempted to pass your message with facts backed by actual statistics of your case, here is one answer for you, yes there have been dozens of cases simply through my research following this read. Below I have provided a few cases involving these threats made by women on schools.

Following my research of about an hour at most I was able to find these cases….

“Fla. Woman arrested for threatening schools- Some 300 Broward County schools, with about 275,000 students, were placed on lockdown when an email said “something big” would happen at a government building in Broward County, maybe a school”

http://www.policeone.com/news/2975545-Fla-woman-arrested-for-threatening-schools/

“Cops: Upper Darby woman leaves threatening message to high school:”

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2011/03/29/news/doc4d9136f430920895582878.txt

“Parent admits to threatening to kill coach:”

http://www.norwalkreflector.com/content/sc-parent-admits-threatening-coach-chaffee-says-case-closed-hcso-investigating

“Mom arrested after confronting school bus driver:”

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/april/231716/Mom-arrested-accused-of-threatening-school-bus-driver?cid=rss

Final Note:

I understand I might seem a bit dramatic about my response to Steinem. However, after reading these past two articles for today and Tuesday, one can only take so much….

No comments:

Post a Comment